The technological and economic benefits of the so-called precision cold forging process can be found in:
- the blanks obtained that are ready to be welded on the intermediate shafts, at low cost
- the blanks with a forged groove that can be obtained,
- the precision of the blank part which allows rationalisation of the materials and the amount of machining.
Recommended material grades: the complete range of case-hardened or carbonitrided steels, and also steels that can be used for induction hardening as an alternative to batch treatment.
Methods of production:
- Forge: using horizontal multistation presses
- Finishing: machining, finish rolling, heat treatment
GÉVELOT EXTRUSION, drawing on more than 30 years of experience in this family of products, is able to offer a level of quality that fulfils the operational